J.D JOSÉ MEYTHALER
Juris Doctorate Degree, Lawyer of the Courts of the Republic and Bachelor in Juridical Sciences by the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, he is President and Principal Partner of Meythaler & Zambrano Law Firm.
Since he began his career as a trial attorney in 1988, he has advised several companies in Public Law, Corporate Law, Intellectual Property, Competition Law, Investment Arbitration, Oil Law, Banking, Pharmaceutical Law, among others. Due to his successful career he is recommended by several Legal Boards, including Chambers & Partners, Legal 500, World Confederation of Business, Who's Who Legal and Dominance.
- Referee of the Mediation and Arbitration Center of the Ecuadorian American Chamber of Commerce.
- Professor of Administrative Law in the Postgraduate Course in Administrative Law at the San Francisco University of Quito.
- Professor of the Master of Intellectual Property at UDLA University.
- President of the Intellectual Property Committee of the Ecuadorian American Chamber of Commerce since 2010.
- General Manager of Shell Compañía de Petróleo del Ecuador SA.
- Ex-officio Director of the Ecuadorian-American Chamber of Commerce of Quito, until 2010.
- Member of the Ecuadorian Institute of Roman Law and the Ecuadorian Institute of Tax Law.
- Executive Director of the Ecuadorian Association of Producers of Phonograms ASOTEC, until 2000.
- Main member of the Board of Directors of the Ecuadorian Institute of Intellectual Property, IEPI, until 2003.
- Panelist by the Faculty of Jurisprudence of the PUCE and the Ecuadorian Institute of Roman Law.
- Lecturer in panels convened by the World Intellectual Property Organization.
- Alternate Representative of the Congress of the Republic and Advisor to the Superintendence of Companies of Quito in 1987 and 1988.